Paper Moon Kudils fits the bill perfectly. Overlooking the long-stretching Urani beach in Whiskey Point, Pottuvil, Paper Moon Kudils is the perfect place to unwind.
From Colombo the easiest way to reach Paper Moon Kudils shown below. Checking out their website - www.papermoonkudils.lk and making a reservation would definiately make things easy especially if you are travelling with family and young ones.
Simple and clean cottages or ‘kudils’ as traditional living spaces are called in Tamil, can house upto three adults each and offers their visitors views of their gardens, the sea or the poolside.
Hungry? Head off to the ‘Kusini’, the restaurant at Paper Moon Kudils which is famed for it’s wonderful food, especially the seafood delights. Using fresh produce, the food is simple and filling and absolutely deliciozo! Whether it’s continental or local dishes the talented staff will make sure that they are prepared quickly and tastily. And ohh… For workoholics who absolutely cannot tear themselves away from their work even on holiday as well as for internet addicts, they can login to the complimentary wi-fi service at the Kusini area. This should be a lifesaver as 3G signal strength in the area is pretty much poor.
- Say welcome with flowers Say welcome with flowers
- Need we say more? Need we say more?
- The Kusini The Kusini
- Havest of the sea Havest of the sea
- Prawn fest! Prawn fest!
- Just a little lime and... yum! Just a little lime and... yum!
- Honeyed heaven Honeyed heaven
- A treat for the sweet tooth A treat for the sweet tooth
- Fruitilicious! Fruitilicious!
What to do?
During your stay there is much that you can do. For starters, why not take a lo…ng walk along the beach and sit down and watch the sunrise or listen to the waves? Want to go places? Check out their website and talk with the helpful staff who will arrage transport to visit places nearby be it wildlife, culture, history or natural scenic beauty.
You can go birdwatching on a boatride in the lagoon or visit the Kumana national bird sanctuary. If you’re lucky, you might even spot elephants at the water’s edge or the dazzling dance of a peacock.
Visit places of cultural, historical and religious interest such as the Muhudu Maha Viharaya, Magul Maha Viharaya, Okanda Devalaya and Kudumbigala.
- Sandy stroll Sandy stroll
- A massage anyone? A massage anyone?
- Laze around Laze around
- Surf time! Surf time!
- Across the sand dunes... Across the sand dunes...
- Knots of faith Knots of faith
- At God's threshold At God's threshold
- Washing away Washing away
- Hues of faith & tradition Hues of faith & tradition
- Trinket corner Trinket corner
- Threads of life Threads of life
- Majesty Majesty
- Soaring free Soaring free
Or for the avid surfer, the area is renowned worldwide as one of the best surfing areas. The surfing season commences in April and continues until October.
Or why not just wind down and revive at the ‘Kuudam’ by getting a soothing massage, just sit at the ‘Kadal’ and enjoy the view or lounge around the pool while taking an occasional dip?
The staff of Paper Moon Kudils hail from the village of Urani itself and are friendly, courteous, helpful and efficient. Whether it is ordering food, making a special request or getting friendly guidence to choose activities, they are always willing to help in anyway they can to ensure that the guests’ stay is a memorable one.
Home grown & organic
One other impressive fact about Paper Moon Kudils is that most of fruit and vegetables are home grown by the resort and are organic.
- Green fingers Green fingers
- Veggies... Veggies...
- And more! And more!
- Delicate blooms Delicate blooms
- The green ones The green ones
- Small but fiery Small but fiery
- Waterways Waterways
- Healthy beauty Healthy beauty
- Mango Tango Mango Tango
- Her sourness Her sourness
- Limes galore Limes galore
- And Voilà!!! And Voilà!!!
- Shani -
(Pics : Kelum Shivantha, Thushara Witharana, Shanika Jayasekara)