Nov 01, 2021

Secret oil tanker from Oman to SL

It is reported that the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation has sought the advice of the Attorney General to look into the possibility of bringing a ship of 90,000 metric tons of Iranian crude oil to Sri Lanka.
Doubts have arisen in the field as to whether the relevant crude oil tanker is of Oman crude oil or Iranian crude oil.

The relevant crude oil tanker is to be brought to Sri Lanka from Oman.

A decision is said to have been taken to use a special method to pay for the oil and to pay 25% of the value of the Iranian crude oil tanker coming from Oman in rupees to a local company and the remaining 75% to be paid in dollars.

Currently, sanctions have been imposed on payments for Iranian oil, while only India and China purchase Iranian oil without hindrance.

Meanwhile, it is reported that the Sri Lankan company’s share is to be transferred to a local bank with a friendly heart.

However, sources from the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation said that the CPC accounts are with the People's Bank.

It is said that this payment is close to Rs. 12 billion.

Meanwhile, it is reported that this has been implemented as a plan to get crude oil below market value.

However, according to sources in the field, the deal could put another local bank in jeopardy, like the People's Bank being blacklisted by China.

Top