Nov 04, 2020

25 including Shalani Tharaka tested negative for Covid-19  Featured

PCR tests on a group of 25 who had gone to Bandarawela for a teledrama shoot after curfew was declared in the Western Province, have tested negative for Covid-19. 

PHI D.M. Ranjith Dissanayake, who had earlier placed the group in quarantine, confirmed to 'Sri Lanka Mirror' that their PCR tests have come out as negative.

Although he had initially received higher orders for the group's quarantine, the final decision on this regard now lay with the Office of the Medical Officers of Health (MoH office), he added.

Accordingly, 'Sri Lanka Mirror' contacted the head of the Bandarawela MoH officer - W.K. Laknat M. Weerasekara. 

He said that a list of instructions have been issued on several ways to continue shooting of the teledrama - "Can You Hear Me" and had informed the cast to let him know on a final decision.

Responding our queries, Director of the Teledrama - Sunil Costha said that due to what happened, the cast is currently not in a state to engage in creative and therefore, they have decided to return to Colombo.

He said that a final decision would be taken after returning to Colombo and reconsidering the matter.

Meanwhile, it is also learnt that the this is an deliberate action taken by a group to sabotage the teledrama which has become increasingly popular by the day.

Music for the teledrama is by the renowned Dinesh Subhasinghe and a video featuring a group of Indonesian children, who are dancing to one of the teledrama's tracks are also making rounds online.

Top