Connect with us

Entertainment

Reality TV stars involved in brawl at café

Published

on

The Thalangama Police has initiated an investigation into a brawl involving several reality TV stars including artist Lawan Abhishek’s brother Shanaka Udeesha who is featuring in a weekday leading television drama ‘Sangeethe’.

Police said the brawl took place in a cafe at Pitakotte in Thalangama recently following a dispute over a request made to perform a song when a one-man band was performing at the cafe.

According to the police, the stars reportedly had started the brawl and attacked an individual. Later, a clash reportedly broke out between two groups injuring several people.

Police said Shanaka Udeesha was admitted to the Sri Jayawardanapura hospital for treatment following the brawl.

Meanwhile, Shanaka Udeesha who is still undergoing treatment at the hospital said he was the victim in the incident.

Describing the incident, he said that he, his wife and several of his friends had gone to the cafe last Sunday (13) for dining.

At that time the singer on stage had invited Shanaka to play his guitar and perform. Then, suddenly a couple who walked onto the cafe told them to stop singing. The man said that he is the owner of the cafe. However, Shanaka said the man who claimed to be the owner is not the real owner of the cafe.  

He said they had an argument with the couple which resulted in the brawl. A few minutes after the brawl, a man wearing a helmet and jacket entered the scene and attacked them. Shanaka was reportedly attacked that helmeted man with a spanner on his head, according to a complaint with the police by Shanaka’s wife and brother.

The injured star was initially admitted to a private hospital.

However, he was later transferred to Sri Jayawardanapura Hospital with severe injuries to his head. The star had reportedly undergone a surgery on Monday due to injuries he received to the skull.

Shanaka said he was told that the man who had attacked them had also been admitted to the hospital. Then, the man who is reported to be an associate of the couple was arrested after being informed to the Thalangama Police and 119.

The suspect was produced in the Kaduwela Magistrate and granted bail.

Thalangama Police said investigations into the incident are continuing.

(dailymirror.lk)

Entertainment

Squid Game actor faces sexual misconduct charges

Published

on

By

Squid Game actor O Yeong-su has been charged with sexual misconduct, South Korean judicial officials say.

The 78-year-old is accused of touching a woman inappropriately in 2017, officials said.

Mr O has denied the allegation, local media report.

He became the first South Korean actor to win a Golden Globe award for best supporting actor in a series after his performance in the chart-topping Netflix thriller earlier this year.

The alleged victim first filed a complaint with the police against Mr O in December last year, according to Yonhap news agency. But the case was closed in April without a charge being brought against Mr O.

The prosecution has now reopened the investigation “at the request of the victim”, the agency reports.

Mr O has now been charged without detention, it adds.

Following the charge, Seoul’s culture ministry decided to stop broadcasting a government commercial featuring Mr O, according to local reports cited by AFP news agency.

Squid Game – Netflix’s most popular series of all time – is a thriller series which tells the story of debt-ridden people competing for a huge cash prize in a deadly series of children’s games.

Mr O plays the oldest participant in the survival competition.

(BBC News)

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sunil Perera’s last song (Video)

Published

on

By

The Gypsies band has unveiled a new song, which they say is the last song by their late leader – Sunil Perera.

The song, which comes a year after the death of Sunil Perera, has been in the works for the last 6 years, the bad says.

Titled as ‘Galu Paare’, the song was unveiled yesterday (24).

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chris Hemsworth takes break over Alzheimer’s risk

Published

on

By

Actor Chris Hemsworth says he is taking a break from acting after learning he has a heightened risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.

The Thor star made the discovery after undergoing tests as part of his Disney+ documentary series Limitless.

He told Vanity Fair the tests confirmed his “biggest fear”, adding he will now be trying to take “preventative steps”.

Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia and can cause memory problems, confusion and communication issues.

Hemsworth learned that he has two copies of the gene ApoE4, one from his mother and one from his father, making him between eight and 10 times more likely to develop the disease than those without both copies of the gene.

About 2 to 3 per cent of the population carries two copies of the gene.

“It’s not like I’ve been handed my resignation,” Hemsworth said, but added the news “really triggered something in me to want to take some time off”.

(BBC News)

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 Sri Lanka Mirror. All Rights Reserved