Responding to a report by the IGP, Seneviratne sends a letter on 18 November, saying that there was basis or evidence to support the allegation.
Jayasundara has told BBC Sinhala Service that he has informed defence secretary Hemasiri Fernando about the DIG’s response.
In his letter, Seneviratne also says it is clear the conduct of the CDS is clearly an offence punishable under the victim and witness protection act and recommends speedy action.
The IGP yesterday canceled Inspector de Silva’s transfer to Negombo police.
The transfer was talked about much, as Silva had been in charge or major investigations by the CID, including the abduction of 11 youths and the murder of ‘Sunday Leader’ editor Lasantha Wickrematunge.
Seneviratne notes that the CDS has leveled the accusation against the CID OIC at the Security Council and later in a telephone conversation with the IGP.
However, Jayasundara declined to respond when asked if he was told so.
The DIG of the CID says in his letter that the allegation is a malicious, completely false and baseless attempt to influence the investigations being led by de Silva.
In the case of the abduction of the 11 youths, CDS Wijegunaratne has been accused of harbouring a key suspect ‘Navy Sampath’.
On September 14, president Maithripala Sirisena told heads of the media that he reprimanded CID and attorney general’s department officials for arresting and remanding members of the armed forces without filing court action against them.