Feb 20, 2019

Mannar mass grave report not received officially Featured

Although the report on the radiocarbon dating test on the samples of skeletal remains from the mass grave in Mannar had been handed over to the Magistrate’s Court by the Specialist JMO Saminda Rajapaksa, the Mannar Magistrate T. Sarawanarajah told court that as the courts had still not received the report officially, a specific statement on it cannot be made.

This was revealed when the case filed at the Mannar Magistrate’s Court by the relatives of the missing persons in connection with the Mannar mass grave was taken up today (20).

The Magistrate noted that although Specialist JMO Saminda Rajapaksa had submitted the report to the courts, a complete report had still not been received.

He said only the doctor had received the report and a hard copy is scheduled to be given to court and once it is received the relevant parties would be notified.

Hence the case filed by the relatives of the missing regarding the Mannar mass grave was postponed to February 25th.

Pics by Madawa Kulasooriya-Vavuniya corr. 

Top