The two men who were at a quarantine facility run by the Air Force in Mullaittivu died yesterday (01 May) and samples were taken postmortem to determine whether they had Covid-19.
Air Force Spokesperson Dushan Wijesinghe has told the media that these people have died and their samples have been taken.
He has also revealed that the results of the PCR tests have not been received yet.
According to the details given to the quarantine camp, they were over 80 years old and had been admitted to the Mulliyaweli District Hospital due to weakened body.
On April 14 and 16, the Air Force took a group of beggars, pavement vendors and several others with no permanent residence,who were detained at the Gunasinghepura bus stand in Colombo Fort, to a quarantine center in Mullaitivu.
COVID-19 patient diagnosed again with COVID-19
Meanwhile, a person who had been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the Ja-Ela area and was treated at IDH Hospital has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus again, says Ja-ela Medical Officer of Health Anura Abeyrathna.
He was diagnosed with COVID-19 and was admitted to the IDH hospital in Angoda on March 17.He has returned home on April 17 following recovery.
He had been under self-quarantine and was taken to the Colombo National Hospital due to chest pain.
The patient had undergone a PCR test and it was revealed today (02 May) that he was infected with COVID-19 virus.
He was later transferred to the IDH hospital in Angoda for further treatment.
Source - Anidda