Three shops in Kotagala gutted in fire!



Three shops located in a building that housed a furniture showroom were completely destroyed in a fire that broke out last night (5) at Kotagala in Hatton.

The owner of the shop had been staying with his wife on the upper floor of the shop when the fire had broken out from the ground floor. Police said the couple had managed to escape the fire.

The fire was brought under control by other vendors, the Dimbula Pathana police officers, troops of Kotagala Army Camp and plantation workers.

Meanwhile, a tense situation was reported when the personnel of Nuwara Eliya Municipality’s Fire Department arrived late at the location, once the fire had been brought under control.

The damage caused by the fire has not been assessed yet, and the Dimbula Pathana Police said that the cause of the fire was a faulty electrical outlet.


Exit mobile version