Girl dies from food allergy at wedding



A 25-year-old woman died after falling ill at a wedding, the Moragahahena Police said.

The deceased was identified as Manjari Adithya Fernando, who was working as a sales executive in a private company in Horana. She was a resident of Meegoda.

The young woman had attended the wedding of one of her colleagues, at a hotel in Gonapola, Horana.

She had suddenly fallen ill after dancing and had been rushed to a private hospital in Horana.

The doctors at the private hospital had instructed to transfer her to the Horana Base Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

According to the post-mortem examination, the death had occurred due to food getting stuck in the respiratory tract, as a result of a heart failure.

Paneetha Seneviratne, Judicial Medical Officer at the Horana Base Hospital conducted the post-mortem examination.

The mother of the deceased said her daughter had asthma and that she used an inhaler as well.

“She did not continue taking the medications. Inhalers were used when necessary. My daughter was allergic to lentils. In that case her asthma would aggravate. She would go to the doctor when that happens. She was doing well. The daughter left for the wedding ceremony around 9 am. At around 3.45 in the evening, Mr. Dinindu, a senior official at my daughter’s place of work, made a phone call and told my other daughter that the eldest has died. I went to the hospital and identified the body. I have no suspicions about the death,” she said.


Exit mobile version